Sunday 5 February 2017

Korean Skin Care Review: Gobdigoun

Happy Chinese New Year! How's your new year holiday? I had a splendid one with a lot of food and great moments with the loved ones. During this joyous festive season, I have tried out a new range of skin care from Gobdigoun


Gobdigoun Skin Care Range
Water Balloon Aqua Mask, Placenta Power Mask, Crocodile Oil Hand Cream, Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream and Placenta Power Aging Corrector Soap Bar-Wrinkle Care

Thanks to the strong and powerful Hallyu wave, Korean skin care brands are springing up like mushrooms after the rain. There are so many new brands and products being launched in the market every season but it seems like everyone is able to catch with latest trend effortlessly. Not many of us from Malaysia and Singapore has come across with Gobdigoun, so do I. This is my very first try on Gobdigoun skin care range and apparently they are gems, the hidden one. I was sent a box of Gobdigoun skin care products and I was amazed by the luxurious, opulent and elegant packaging of their products. Let's have a closer look at the packaging.  

Gobdigoun Skin Care Range
Water Balloon Aqua Mask, Placenta Power Bio Cellulose Gel Mask, Crocodile Oil Hand Cream, Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream and Placenta Power Aging Corrector Soap Bar-Wrinkle Care



Look! How luxurious the packaging is, it totally got me. We have 5 Gobdigoun products here, which are Water Balloon Aqua Mask, Placenta Power Mask, Crocodile Oil Hand Cream, Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream and Placenta Power Aging Corrector Soap Bar-Wrinkle Care. Before we proceed to the product reviews, let me have a brief introduction on Gobdigoun to you. Being founded in 2010, Gobdigoun products are now selling in Myeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea, in LG Brand Skincare Product Store. As compared to the commonly affordable skincare products in Korea, the products of Gobdigoun come with a  middle to high price tag due to their supreme quality. Among the products of Gobdigoun, 24K Golden Cream Placenta Power, Placenta Bio Cellulose Gel Mask and Placenta Power Aging Corrector Eye Cream are the best selling products in China, Taiwan and Japan. 

Gobdigoun Water Balloon Aqua Mask

As an avid mask sheet lover, I'm going to start the review from Gobdigoun Water Balloon Aqua Mask. Oh well another reason that this mask is being featured the first in this post is because of its beautiful package in turquoise hahaha *Me being me*  
Gobdigoun Water Balloon Aqua Mask

When it says water balloon I can't help myself from imagining that the mask will act like a water balloon and boosts my skin with maximum hydration, and I was proven right. The mask sheet is way thinner from the other mask sheet that I have tried before and this just hit me right. I dislike thick and paper-ish mask sheet because it doesn't give me hydration as well as a thin mask sheet does. 



See, the mask sheet is so thin and it fits my face pretty well. It's not easy to find a mask sheet that can fit my face nicely because my face features are flat and 2D. I don't even have a noticeable nose bridge and my forehead is just...flat hahaha. I like how the Water Balloon Aqua Mask adheres to my skin tightly so that I can have the serum evenly spread on my skin. The mask did a wonderful job on hydrating and moisturizing my skin, brownie points for the thin sheet and great mask fit.  

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Bio Cellulose Gel Mask

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Bio Cellulose Gel Mask

Next, we have Gobdigoun Placenta Power Bio Cellulose Gel Mask. Placenta is love okayyyyy! Sheep placenta is such a powerful ingredients in beauty products because it contains numerous nutrients including proteins, lipids, vitamins and minerals. The placenta also generates enzymes, hormones, growth and immunological factors. These nutrients can promote cell growth, hormone regulation, immune function, cellular hydration and efficient oxygen transfer. That's why women love sheep placenta! I was really excited to see a mask with sheep placenta infused.



This is interesting! In contrast to the conventional mask sheet, Gobdigoun Placenta Power Bio Cellulose Gel Mask is a hydrogel mask. The hydrogel mask also comes in two separate sheets, one  for upper face and another one for the lower face. I like the two-mask-sheets design because I can adjust the mask sheets separately for a better mask fit. The mask sheet also comes with a generous amount of thick and viscous serum which is white in colour. I applied the excessive amount of serum all over my face, neck, arms and feet and there is still leftover serum. So you know what does it mean when I say "generous amount". 

I was a little afraid that the sheep placenta will somehow irritate my sensitive skin but surprisingly it didn't. I didn't even get that tingling sensation that most of the sheep placenta skin care products will usually give. The mask is gentle to my skin and it's really comfortable to have my skin tightly hugged by the hydrogel mask. It feels a little warm but I like it. My skin undoubtedly got much hydrated and moisturized and what surprised even more is that the hydrating effect lasted to the next 3 days. This is such a luxurious mask that pampers my skin inside out. 

Gobdigoun Crocodile Oil Hand Cream

Gobdigoun Crocodile Oil Hand Cream

Aha! You got freaked out didn't you? Yes this is a crocodile oil hand cream, this is something new that I have never seen before! All I can say is Koreans are incredibly creative. My korean is so rusty that I have forgotten what I have learnt back in Korea, so I'm very sorry to inform that I can't read the instruction or introduction at the back of the tube. The hand cream smells normal and I didn't notice any crocordile-ish smell. Oh wait, what does crocodile smell like? *lame joke* The hand cream is rich but it's not greasy at all, I have been carrying it around with me for 3 weeks and it's really handy and convenient due to its relatively small tube. 

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream

This is probably the most luxurious looking eye cream that I have ever seen, so regal and so shiny that I subconsciously want to apply eye cream in front of my friends so that I can show off my expensive looking eye cream hahaha! 

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream
The eye cream is packaged in a golden syringe and it works the same as injecting to dispense the eye cream. My mind was blown, so hard. The golden syringe has a rubber tip so you can apply the eye cream and spread it out in a breeze. I love the syringe design because it allows me to have a better control on the eye cream to be pumped out. I tend to dispense more product than what I needed and with this syringe, I can pump the product little by little to avoid wastage. 

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream

To apply sheep placenta eye cream sounds like a challenge to me because you know, sheep placenta is a very active ingredient and the skin near eye area is of the most sensitive. Nevertheless, Gobdigoun Placenta Power Ageing Corrector Eye Cream is mild enough to eye area that it doesn't itch or sting my skin. I would recommend Gobdigoun sheep placenta products to those with sensitive skin because they are really mild and gentle to skin. 

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Aging Corrector Soap Bar-Wrinkle Care

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Aging Corrector Soap Bar-Wrinkle Care

Last but not least, we have Gobdigoun Placenta Power Aging Corrector Soap Bar-Wrinkle Care. The soap bar smells divinely and it lathers into a rich foam, everyone from my family loves it. 

Gobdigoun Placenta Power Aging Corrector Soap Bar-Wrinkle Care
Unlike the normal soap bar which doesn't last long, the placenta soap bar can be used for a longer period. I personally think that it is worth to use a more expensive soap bar which can last longer. The soap bar is targeted to reduce wrinkles but it doesn't seem to suit me because I'm too young to have wrinkles haha! I tried the soap bar for one week and my dad is using the soap bar now. Let's see if he can get a less wrinkled skin after finishing the 3 soap bars here. 



Although Gobdigoun doesn't have any retail store in Malaysia, they do provide EMS international shipping service and Paypal for payment where customers can order from Gobdigoun' Facebook Page. They also offer different special gift sets on Facebook so do check their Facebook page out. I personally feel that Gobdigoun products are great for gifting because of their luxurious and opulent packaging, I'm going to restock the bio-cellulose mask after finishing mine! 

For more information,



Love,

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice to read content of this blog. A is very extensive and vast knowledgeable platform has been given by this blog. I really appreciate this blog to has such kind of educational knowledge.เครื่องสำอางเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete

It's my pleasure to have your comments here :)
喜歡我的文章的話就留個言讓我知道吧 我會很開心的 ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...